Tuesday, January 24, 2012
7 Things that make me Mad; it is all Political!!!!
I have always tried to consider what was in the best interest of the team and to have a positive impact; no matter if the team was my community, my country, the world or my family. Among other things, I am a motivated recycler, an unapologetic fundraiser and a despot in the kitchen when it comes to healthy food. I am so angry with the self-serving and power hungry politicians and their failure to focus on the common good. I am equally frustrated by many people who refuse to look beyond their own special interests!
1. The election is just less than a year away, yet the campaigns have been distracting us for way too long, resulting in a congress that holds on too tight to absolutes to refuses to legislate. Can’t we put a limit the amount of time spent on a presidential campaign?
2. Our President has been too concerned about his campaign to act in the best interest of the country. Entitlements and his approval rating intimidate him.
3. Unions and Social Security are corrupt, and need to be reviewed and reformed. We have no choice but to address changes and cuts that will continue to help those in need without destroying our economy.
4. The reality of the economy and the deficit leave no question that new taxes are necessary. Obviously, those who can afford those taxes will be targeted. You know who you are! Deal with it!
5. Newt Gingrich! Really????? How can the Republican Party support a candidate who has been shown so many lapses in integrity and morality? This candidate was censored by congress for both ethics and tax violations. Is there any quality more important than integrity for an American President to bring to the world agenda? I would be appalled if this is best leader and role model we can come up with to shape America for our grandchildren.
6. When our grandparents came to America they came because it was a Land of Opportunity and they took advantage of all that it offered. They built businesses and their families and made America great. We should legally welcome and support any immigrants who come with this spirit but not those who come to America illegally for a handout.
7. Pensions and compensation packages for government workers and politicians are out of proportion as compared with the private sector.
I am neither Republican nor Democrat. I do not claim to have the answers but I care about the world we leave to our grandchildren.