|Bye Bye Mommy and Daddy|
|La La la la la, Elmo's Song|
But here is what I learned on my first day of babysitting.
1. Olivia knows baby sign language. When I asked her if she had enough of the swing, she started making gestures with her hands. I thought that she wanted me to sing The eensy, weensy, spider..... But when I tried to take her out of the swing, the baby who never cries started to scream and gesture ferociously. I finally realized that she was putting her two hands together in the sign which means "more". So I pushed her some more and then some more again, until I was dizzy!
2. When she starts squishing her food between her fingers, it means that she is done.
3. If I bring her pull toy with us when we are walking on the streets of New York, and I hold her other hand, she can't pick up every dirty cigarette butt (and worse) that we pass on the street.
4. "Little Miss Independent" does not like to be left alone in a room for a single second. I even have to take her into the bathroom with me.
5. She loves dogs, and ducks and her piano, understands everything and learns so many new things every day.