Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!
"Mirror Mirror, on the wall"

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Baby Sitting Journal: Poor Baby!

     Olivia, You aren't supposed to get sick when Mommy and Daddy are away.  A sick baby breaks Anyu's heart!

Grandma's playgroup!
      We had such a nice day and had a wonderful time on our playdate with Dylan. Olivia loved when Dylan's Papa brought the doggie to play, too.   Dylan showed Olivia the letters B,D, and O and they played so nicely!  But just between us, nobody had a better time than Wendy and me.  
     Just before dinnertime, Olivia started to feel warm and get a little fussy.  Within 15 minutes, she had a full-blown fever and wouldn't eat or let me put her down for a second.  Uncle Jonny and I gave her some tylenol and put her in the tub, where she played happily for a little while, but wailed as we put on her jammies, had little patience for a story and gratefully  jumped into bed by 6:30.  All night I kept watch on the fever, ready with a midnight dose of tylenol if she needed it. Luckily, she woke up feeling better, if not completely herself. 
If only I hadn't cut off her head!  
     Here I am, after 5 days, feeling like I am really good at this and maybe Alexis and James should extend their vacation, and I get a call from Alexis telling me that they changed their flight and will be coming home early. They missed their baby!  I hope that they let me do this again sometime..........

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment