Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!
"Mirror Mirror, on the wall"

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Baby Sitting Journal; Still standing; Barely!

Eloise's Room at the Plaza
Olivia made herself at home!


Today, we took Olivia to The Food Court at the Plaza Hotel!  It is definitely a "New York" styled food court; No Sbarro or McDonalds here.  For that matter, I never went to a food court before where there was waiter service and the fresh pasta was draped over bars and fine wines were displayed on racks.  After sharing sliders, sushi, pasta, and dumplings, we gave Olivia a cupcake and took her  to Eloise's Room at the Plaza.  A little girls dream come true!  Everything looked magical in Pink.  I thought I would buy her a pretty headband with a little crown; after all, it is something only a grandmother would spring for.  I was willing to pay a kings ransom.  Then I looked at the price tag and even I, couldn't do it.  Particularly since she had zeroed in on a stuffed turtle, the only thing in the room that wasn't pink, or girlie.  
Would you believe $60.00?

Marketing brilliance!

What I learned today

1.  Olivia will let you feed her if you use chopsticks.
2.  Olivia is a foodie and will eat very exotic food, she loves cerviche and fish but wouldn't even look at the rubbery chicken I stir fried for her dinner.
3. When I can't find something, I should look in the garbage or the hamper because that is where she likes to hide things.

No comments:

Post a Comment