|My Energizer Bunny!|
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
10 Best Babysitting Tips for Grandparents
1. You must train in advance. I suggest that you work on strength, stamina and agility, as you will need all three skills. You must prepare for lots of time on the floor, some crawling, some heavy lifting and a lot of very fast moving. I also suggest that you warm-up before every outing.
2. Get good nights sleep and be well rested.
3. Never turn your back or underestimate what a baby is capable of doing. I turned around for a moment when I thought that she was fastened in to her high chair and found that she had squirmed out!
4. Wear washable clothing. You can expect to be spit up on or peed on at best. Good news! Rice cereal does not stain.
5. Wear sensible shoes. Must be sturdy enough to withstand miles of pacing, rocking and chasing.
6. Make sure your driver’s license is up to date. A drive around the neighborhood with the baby in the carseat can give you a short respite while the baby is safe in a confined space. The drive will also put a fussy baby to sleep.
7. Learn to use the technology. I have found Elmo on you-tube can amuse the most distressed baby.
8. Sing! I promise that the baby doesn’t care if you have a good voice, and will be amused by your singing. Three little ducks and If you’re happy and you know it are two of Olivia’s favorites. Whenever you just don’t know what to do, sing.
9. Never tell your children when your when you don't follow their directions. What they don’t know won’t hurt them and as I always say, you get what you pay for.
10. Have lots of fun!